Kenyan President William Ruto on Tuesday, September 27, appointed Cabinet Secretaries who will serve in his cabinet.
Speaking at State House in Nairobi, Ruto named the men and women who will see him implement his agenda.
“Today, I am proud to announce the men and women who will serve in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya. It is important we set up the new Cabinet early to take charge and realize the plans and agenda we promised to the people of Kenya.
“I also appreciate the political parties that joined us, UDA, to form the Kenya Kwanza alliance. From Ford-Kenya to Maendeleo Chap Chap and others,” Ruto stated.
He also disclosed that his deputy, Rigathi Gachagua will deputise him in all duties which will be gazetted upon the issue of an Executive Order.
- Prime Cabinet Secretary – Musalia Mudavadi
- CS Interior – Professor Kithure Kindiki
- Treasury and Social Planning – Njuguna Ndung’u
- Public Service – Aisha Jumwa
- Defence – Aden Duale
- Water and Sanitation – Alice Wahome
- Foreign Affairs – Alfred Mutua
- Trade, Investment and Industry – Moses Kuria
- East African Community – Rebecca Miano
- Transport and Roads – Kipchumba Murkome
- Environment – Soipan Tuya
- Lands and Housing – Zachariah Njeru
- Tourism – Peninah Malonza
- Agriculture – Mithika Linturi
- Health – Susan Nakhumicha
- ICT – Eliud Owalo
- Education – Ezekiel Machogu
- Energy and Petroleum – Davis Chirchir
- Sports – Ababu Namwamba
- Cooperatives – Simon Chelugui
- Mining – Salim Mvurya
- Labour and Social Protection – Florence Florence Bore
- Advisor on women’s rights – Harriet Kigai
- Advisor on National Security advisor- Monica Juma
- Attorney General – Muturi Njoka
- Secretary to the cabinet- Mercy Wanjao
“I want to take this opportunity to wish the men and women on this list, those who will assist us to deliver on the Kenya Kwanza plan, well. They will now proceed to Parliament so that the house can be approved and give me the opportunity to conclude the appointment and get this team to work,” Ruto concluded.