Motorsport ace Jas Mangat on Sunday cruised his Mitsubishi Evo. X to the finish line of the 381km two-day Mosac Source of the Nile Jinja Rally before being crowned national champion for a third national title.
He added to his successes of 2012 and 2013.
“I’m just very proud of everyone and thankful to have the family that I have,” Mangat said after clinching the title in front of his fans.
The transportation mogul now joins Uganda’s exclusive league of drivers who have two or more than two NRC titles as Charlie Lubega, Karim Hirji, Ronald Sebuguzi and Sam Ssali.
On Saturday he entered the title decider 94 points behind Hassan Alwi Jnr, the season’s sensation but managed to finish six ahead.
Top five MOSAC Jinja rally 2016
1. Jas Mangat/Joseph Kamya 1:13:55
2. Kuku Ranjeet/Musa Nsubuga 1:17:01
3. Ambrose Byona/Derrick Lubambula 1:19:00
4. Kepher Walubi/Susan Kalema 1:22:42
5. Yasin Nasser/Ali Katumba 1:24:33